When you bump, the following happens:
- The bot ensures the bump cooldown is over
- A loading message is sent in the channel where you are bumping
- Open Bump starts posting your bump to servers with a feed (bump channel)
- Open Bump informs other bump bots on your server about the ongoing bumping process using SBLP.
- Once bump posting of Open Bump has been finished, a success message is being displayed. It contains other bots’ statuses.
- After one minute, all outstanding SBLP bumps are marked as timed out.
Every server has a cooldown which has to finish before the server can be bumped again. This cooldown is per-guild and not per-user. However, users can reduce their cooldown on a per-user basis by voting for the bot.